Simple Pairings—Try Ghee Today!
- Button mushrooms + ghee + minced garlic + fresh thyme + parsley. Sautee the first three ingredients in a large skillet until the mushrooms are cooked through. Toss with herbs to finish!
- Air popped popcorn + melted white truffle ghee + salt. A perfect salty and savory snack packed with fiber, protein and healthy fats!
Lemon Ghee Shrimp with Pearled Couscous
- 1 lb. large raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tsp. paprika
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 tbsp. ghee
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- juice from 1 lemon
- 1/4 tsp. dried thyme
- 2 cups baby spinach, stems removed and chopped
- 2 cups couscous
- 3 cups chicken broth
- Season shrimp with paprika, salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Melt the ghee in a large skillet over medium heat. Add shrimp and cook until pink and curled, about 4-6 minutes. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1-2 minutes. Stir in the heavy cream, parmesan, lemon juice and thyme.
- Bring to a simmer and add spinach. Simmer until spinach has wilted and sauce thickened, about 3-5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring the chicken broth to boil in a saucepan. Add the couscous and reduce heat to a simmer and cook, covered, until water is absorbed, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat and let stand, covered, for 2-3 minutes. Fluff gently with a fork.
- Divide the couscous and shrimp into four bowls and serve with a sprinkle of Parmesan.